ALYCE ADAIR JONES
Alyce Adair Jones is a born and raised Fort Worthian. She left to attain her BS from Boston University and planned to stay on the east cost – but while working on her masters in criminology, she changed her professional trajectory.
While back home in Texas one summer, Alyce took an unpaid internship with an optometrist. She stopped pursuing her masters and started attending Tyler Junior College to study opticianry. Alyce received her Associates degree and opened Adair Eyewear in 1980.
Since then she has studied with Tuck School of Business WBENC Executive Program, TCC’s FastTrac Growth Venture program, and is certified with DFW and Love Field NCTRCA (North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency) She has served on numerous boards and is presently a board member of the Women’s Center, a member of Texas Women for the Arts and a patron of The Modern Art Museum.
Some Recognitions include:
- Madame C.J.Walker Award from the Fort Worth Metropolitan Black Chamber of Commerce
- Hats off to Mothers benefiting UCP of Tarrant County
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Women Influencing Business
- 2014 Eagle Award – Small Business of the Year from the Black Chamber
- Top 50 Tarrant County Women-Owned Business