The Adair Blog: News and Tips
What Color Eyeglass Frame is Best for You?
Written by: melanie
At Adair Eyewear, we’re all about expressing yourself with your eyeglasses. For some, green frames made of wood by FEB31st is the exact statement they’re looking to make. For others, a classic frame by Prada is the avenue they’d like to take.
Whether you want someone to see you from a mile away, or you’d like to blend in, there is a science to choosing the color of your frame.
The Vision Council, an organization which represents manufacturers and suppliers of the optical industry, put together three basic tenets of color analysis:
- Everyone has cool or warm coloring. If your coloring is cool, it tends to have blue or pink undertones. If it’s warm, it’s typically yellow-based coloring which could also include a peach or cream complexion.
- Just about everyone looks better in their own color base.
- Your eyeglasses should complement your personal coloring.
Here are some frame suggestions if you have cool coloring:
- Black, silver, dark tortoise, rose-brown, blue-gray, plum, magenta, pink, jade, and blue
Here are some frame suggestions if you have warm coloring:
- Blonde tortoise, camel, khaki, gold, copper, peach, orange, off-white, and red
If you have any questions about what might look good on you, let us know. We’re happy to help!
Leave a Reply